Fwd: EXT :Re: Install failure through secured VPN

Paulo Ney de Souza pauloney at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 21:23:40 CET 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: McDaniel, Tyler Q [US] (SP) <tyler.q.mcdaniel at ngc.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 19, 2021, 12:11 PM
Subject: RE: EXT :Re: Install failure through secured VPN
To: Paulo Ney de Souza <pauloney at gmail.com>

Paulo,

I am on a windows 10 machine, I received an exemption from the Chief Info
Sec Officer for my branch of the company for access to TeXLive install.

   - My computer needs to stay on VPN for any internet connection.
   - I would need to get permission to use a USB copy of the software or
   repositories, and probably a scan of them as well by information security.
   - My plan is to do an install on my machine, then request an install on
   the servers for all of the users to compile TeX documents.
   - We are currently using LyX 2 and an outdated and buggy version of
   MikTex.
   - I am open to full downloading the repository on my computer before
   installing anything. But the Linux options are a little out of my current
   comfort zone.

On the download:

When I download using command line or the .exe it will run for 20 plus
hours for the full install of all the package, but then it will give an
error at the end stating that it cannot read tar.exe files.

This is a screenshot of the errors at the end of the install. I was not
able to locate an error or log file for the install.

Thanks,

*TYLER* MCDANIEL  |  Engineer Structural

Northrop Grumman  |  Space Systems

O: 480-355-7631  |  C: 949-292-9150  | tyler.q.mcdaniel at ngc.com
<%20tyler.q.mcdaniel at ngc.com>