Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Sun May 9 16:04:39 CEST 2021

Paulo:  I've run out of patience.  You're getting LaTeX errors because you
haven't installed the packages. End of story.

I've asked Palle to make several changes to the Font Catalogue to make this
clear to even newbies. But if a user isn't willing to follow installation
instructions, they shouldn't be using those packages.
TeXLive and MiKTeX have plenty of fonts and other packages available with
easy and uniform installation procedures.

The fontconfig issue is only relevant if one is using xelatex on Linux and
fontspec specifications by font-name rather than file-name.
The errors you're getting have nothing to do with that.

Bob T.