Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat May 8 11:33:33 CEST 2021

Am Fri, 7 May 2021 23:46:12 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

>> But if you find this troublesome: Make a friendly feature request
>  > that texlive 2022 should offer an option ...
>
> Ulrike, this is easier said than done.  The installer doesn't know
> where fontconfig files are located and deriving it from fc-conflist
> isn't sufficient either.

Sorry, I didn't want to imply that such a feature request would get
a positive answer, only that if one want a change one shouldn't
simply complain but speak with the right people.

But beside this, I think it would help if the installer on linux
would mention that font config should perhaps be changed, or if
there were something about font config in the "post install" section
https://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html.

Currently the info is a bit burried in a large documentation.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/