Tex Live and tlmgr.

Dr Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu May 6 06:24:28 CEST 2021

Hi Rolf,

Download the texlive.iso image from
http://mirror.aut.ac.nz/CTAN/systems/texlive/Images/

Then mount it, cd to the mounted image, and run the line

sudo ./install-tl

It will ask you to check your default settings (for my needs, it is best
to let them as they are).

Sit back and have a coffee.

It will create a new tree for 2021, leaving your existing structure in
place. So remember to change your environment settings as required (in
~/.profile if you're using bash). The installer will tell you what you
need there when it is done.

I suggest you choose the mirror above to be your repository. it's quite
close  ;)

HIH

Alan

PS. I am the official maintainer for that mirror

--
Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte