use "\newgeometry" automatically

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Feb 27 23:42:40 CET 2021

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 14:45:30 -0500, Jonathan Fine stated:
>Hi Jerry
>
>In light of David's wise remark, perhaps it would be helpful if you
>told us the problem you want to solve, the outcome you wish to
>achieve. It may be that it can be achieved in a way other than
>automatic use of \newgeometry.
>
>See: https://xyproblem.info/
>
>best wishes
>
>Jonathan
>

>On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 7:34 PM David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
><mailto:d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> > wrote:
>

>It is rather rare to need \newgeometry at all (changing page size mid
>document is not that common) but applying it at an automatic page
>break isn't really possible. A paragraph is broken into lines before
>page breaking is considered so you can not (directly) change the width
>of the text block at an automatic page break as the lines of text at
>the top of the page will already have been set based on the width of
>the previous page.
>
>David
>

>On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 at 19:14, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net
><mailto:jerry at seibercom.net> > wrote:
>

>I am trying to find a way to automatically use "\newgeometry" on every
>new page created in a document after the initial first page. I know I
>can invoke it by typing "\newpage" and then entering the command, but
>I want to get it to work without my having to enter it manually. Is
>that even possible?
>
>Thanks!

Ok, specifically,I need to change the top margin and head height
settings. The first page is just a normal business template. The second
page is supposed to have a picture in the heading on the left side and
some text on the right. The picture is circular and one inch in
diameter. Using 'fancyhdr;, when I place it in the 'fancyheader[l]'
command, the picture is too big for the area. Worse, text is then
written through it.

I can correct the problem using the '\newgeometry' command. I just
cannot figure out hoe to do it without having to enter it manually.

I hope I have explained this satisfactorily.

--
Jerry