can anyone get a citation on this link? It fails on Zotero too :)

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:58:17 CET 2021

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 06:48:36PM +0000, John C Frain wrote:
>    Faster than pen and paper the google scholar link under related info links give bibtex and other formats for citing the
>    article.  Search in Jabref also found the required bibliographic material;

You need to see the usage of Zotero and TooBib :)
One goal is to create a single action for getting a bibtex
entry from any given page to avoid disrupting the train
of thought while compiling citations.
In my case, I want to extend bibtex to "BomTex" or Bill Of Materials
to hopefully allow publications that create customers to get
some credit. In any case, from time to time you find publishers
that make it hard to cite their works. Even when working
cooperatively, they have different styles and button or whatever.
Ideally an authors does not need to hunt around for this junk.

They have a doi link on their page which I could also use that
worked with TooBib and probably Zotero too.

And I'm still left wondering how they detect. I pointed the
interactive browser at 127.0.0.1 non-secure and wget should be
duplicating the request pretty good. Puppeteer may be an option
but my older unix won't support the latest one. Headless chrome
identifies itself. I guess I could build a custom chrome
which sounds like a lot of work but should not require
extensive changes to the headless thing.

Thanks.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox