Breakurl does not work with htmladdnormallink

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Aug 29 12:29:07 CEST 2021

Am Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:57:14 -0400 schrieb Thomas Schneider via
texhax:

> My URLs break with \url but not with \htmladdnormallink.  I looked
> into the source code for breakurl

> Exmple code is in the zip file attached.

Well you are making long questions. A short example directly in your
post would make life easier.

\htmladdnormallink is basically \href only with the argument order
exchanged (it is only in hyperref to support latex2html, it is not
documented and when I have some time I will try to get rid of these
definition, so use it only if you have a very good reason, the
correct hyperref command is \href).

The variant of \href in breakurl is \urlalt/burlalt.

The command has a small bug and doesn't work at the begin of a
paragraph but if you switch first to horizontal mode it works:

\leavevmode\urlalt
{http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/physics/statistical-physics/theory-thermodynamics}
{http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/physics/statistical-physics/theory-thermodynamics}

--