citing legal sources with automated tools- any legal scholars here?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 14:02:48 CEST 2021

I was reading the news this AM and a local story referenced this
complaint,

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2021/comp-pr2021-163.pdf

so I was curious to see if it could be cited with automated tools.
Neither my tool TooBib nor the Zotero webform returned useful results.

I then found this paper,

https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb14-3/tb40bennett.pdf

which also did not appear to generate bibtex entries from
either tool :) Curious if any authors here cite legal
sources and how they do it. Or, if TUG can put machine readable
citation info in their pdf files ( I prefer my approach :) ).
Depending on how its written, it may be easy to extract the bibliographic
info from the LaTex source code...

Thanks.

--

mike marchywka