on trying to match a specified document layout via a class and/or package

Peter Wilson herries.press at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 18:43:34 CEST 2021

Many years ago I did something similar for ISO Standards documents. You
may want to have a look at those. Try "texdoc iso10303" and in
particular the 1st and 14th pages. The package file of most general
interest is "stepv13.sty" which may well be on your system (I use Ubuntu
and "kpsewhich stepv13.sty" returns the location of the file). Of course
all the files are available from CTAN.

Peter W.