Texdoctk Issue

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 16 20:24:04 CEST 2021

Hi Keiran,

    texdoctk program on my Mac

texdoctk has not seen any serious development in many years. I guess
it should still, more or less, kind of, sort of, work, but I suggest
simply running "texdoc", or its online front end at https://texdoc.net.

If you're looking for a local GUI (as opposed to terminal) program,
though, I guess texdoctk is still the only one.

    'YAML' not installed,

cpan -i YAML, although this is not the problem.

    Cannot find
    '/System/Library/Perl/5.28/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/perl.h'
    have you installed /usr/bin/perl?

Do you indeed have perl?

Assuming yes, this incompatibility between the Tk on CPAN and perl on
your Mac does not seem easily solvable to me. All I can think of to
suggest is to install your own Perl and use it instead of whatever Apple
is providing. Aside from general web searches for the above error
message, etc. This has nothing to do with texdoctk in particular,
evidently it's a general problem with Tk.

Sorry,
Karl