Kind help needed in making Mathematics research articles in LaTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 02:14:29 CEST 2020

On 9/1/20 4:18 PM, Kamalmani Baral wrote:

> I’m going to submit some research articles of Mathematics in
> the scientific peer review journals. Each paper should be submitted
> there in LaTeX form which is mandatory.

[...]

> I need your kind help in making my research articles of Mathematics in
> Latex.

First, in case you don't have it yet, you need a TeX distribution. The
best place to start is the TeX Users Group:

     https://tug.org/

In the right hand column, under the heading “Software”, you'll find the
various options.

For Linux and Windows (but bear in mind I don't really know anything
about Windows), I recommend TeXLive. Also for Linux, many distributions
have TeXLive in their repositories:

    https://tug.org/texlive/distro.html ;

but I recommend getting it directly from TUG because you'll get the
latest software from there.

For the Mac, certainly MacTeX is your best choice: MacTeX is TeXLive
plus some utilities and graphical applications.

Also for Windows you have options like proTeXt and MiKTeX, but I repeat
that I don't know Windows.

Once you have a TeX distribution, go to

    https://tug.org/begin.html  and  https://tug.org/interest.html

where you'll find a wealth of links to books and online documentation.

Now ---you can write your LaTeX documents with any text editor (*not*
word processors), but it's easier with a dedicated editor, like

    * for MacOS, TeXshop, which comes with MacTeX;

    * for Linux, MacOS and Windows,

       * TeXworks: http://www.tug.org/texworks/

       * TeXmaker: https://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/

       * TeXstudio: https://www.texstudio.org/

    and many others. I think TeXworks comes with TeXLive for Windows.

I strongly advise you not to install more than one TeX distribution
---if you use Linux and install TeXLive from the repositories, don't
install TeXLive from TUG and vice versa; technically you can, but it can
be a nightmare.

Many journals have their own classes and instructions for their authors,
like the American Mathematical Society:

    https://www.ams.org/publications/journals/help/jourhtml-tipslatex

search for them before submitting.

Best