how to check siunitx package installed or not

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:50:47 CEST 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 16:24, political science <tapas.abhitech at gmail.com>
wrote:

> When I compile this  I get message Unfortunatley the package siunitx
> could not be installed and an error File siunitx.sty' not found. \begin I
> am on a Windows 10 laptop.
>
> The code I am trying to run is an example code after reading a tutorial on
> table I wrote following tex.
>
> \documentclass{article} \usepackage{siunitx} %\sisetup{ %round-mode =
> places, %round-precision = 2, %} \begin{document} \begin{table}[h!] \begin
> {center} \caption{Your first label} \label{tab:table1} \begin{tabular}{l
> | S | r} \textbf{Value 1} & \textbf{Value 2} & \textbf{Value 3}\\ $\alpha$
> & $\beta$ & $\gamma$ \\ \hline 1 & 1110.1 & a \\ 2 & 10.1 & b \\ 3 &
> 23.113231 & c \\ \end{tabular} \end{center} \end{table} \end{document}
>

> What should I do to check the siunitx package installation is there or not?
> Or if it is not there then how do I install.
>
> The siunitx package is not installed.  Your latex file compiled for me
with a full installation of texlive 2020 on WIndows and texlive 2019 on
linux.  The siunitx  package is a standard part of a full installation of a
recent texlive or Miktex 2.9 installation.  Unless you are an expert, the
installation of a new package is best done using the package manager of the
distribution that you have installed.  Which distribution and what version
of the distribution have you installed?  What subset did you install?

If you go to www.ctan.org and search for siunitx you will be able to
download the package and its manual.  The manual contains details of
dependencies and installation instructions.  If your current installation
is old it might be easier to update your installation using either Texlive
2020 or Miktex 2.9.