[EXT] Re: [EXT] how to start tex program to write first program

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Mar 7 19:49:19 CET 2020

political science wrote:

> Many thanks, I was looking for this information only.
>
> I have been given a template by department
> how can I use the template which has been given to me as zip to be
> used in this kind of scenario.

You will first need to unzip it (Windows can do that for you — ask it to
"extract all files"), then ask TeXworks to open the template file and
modify it as necessary (save the modified version elsewhere, so you
always have a virgin template to which to return for the next project).
Make sure that the "engine" selected in TeXworks matches the engine
expected by the template — this will probably be PdfLaTeX, but may be
XeLaTeX, or some other TeX_based engine.

/Philip Taylor/