[External] Re: Opinions/Guidance on LaTeX collaboration (methods & tools)

Beuthe, Thomas thomas.beuthe at cnl.ca
Thu Jul 2 18:55:41 CEST 2020

UNRESTRICTED  /  ILLIMITÉE

>Just adding my own 2¢ to this thread, but MS Word's 'track changes'.
>function is one of the most powerful group editing functions available.
>I work in a municipality, and documents are being shuffled among numerous departments all the time. The ability to track changes and using or deleting any >specific modification is of enormous value to us. I have yet to discover an easier, more functional method yet for groups of people to work independently on a >project and combine the results into a finished product.

Agreed. This is the functionality that the non-LaTeX reviewers are looking for when dealing with LaTeX documents.
Latexdiff Is a great package to emulate that, but it's not as immediate.
>From what I can see only Overleaf provides something that will come close to this functionality, but I'm putting this out to see if there is a package that I have missed.
One of the problems we have encountered with Overleaf from an organizational perspective is there licensing terms, but that's at another level...

Thomas

This email is confidential between the sender and the intended recipient specified in the message, and may contain proprietary or otherwise protected information of the intended parties. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and confirm you have deleted this message. Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.