[External] Re: Opinions/Guidance on LaTeX collaboration (methods & tools)

Beuthe, Thomas thomas.beuthe at cnl.ca
Thu Jul 2 16:01:43 CEST 2020

UNRESTRICTED / ILLIMITÉE
An interesting suggestion, but in my case, the people writing the documents are all well versed in LaTeX. It's only at the review stage where things start to get problematic. Although commenting on pdf files works, some prefer to be able to directly edit the original to add their corrections suggestions.
What you are describing here seems to be a good solution for the input stage of the document, but I'm looking to solve problems more at the output stage.

Good suggestion though! Thanks for sharing your experiences.
It's great to see some of the innovative and creative approaches that have been taken with LaTeX!

>Not a direct answer, Thomas, but a question/suggestion - might your non-TeXxie collaborators feel more comfortable working in Excel ?  If so, then >you might consider accepting Excel as input which can then be directly processed by TeX, as I did (for example) when producing the Descriptive >Catalogue of Greek MSS in the Lambeth Palace Library.  The entire process is described here<http://hellenic-institute.uk/research/LPL/Greek-MSS/Catalogue/Eutypon/e31-a02.pdf>.

This email is confidential between the sender and the intended recipient specified in the message, and may contain proprietary or otherwise protected information of the intended parties. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and confirm you have deleted this message. Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.