Interference between atbegshi and hyperref when producing table of contents headings on every page of TOC

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 11 11:37:42 CET 2020

Am Mon, 10 Feb 2020 14:58:01 +0000 schrieb Beuthe, Thomas:

> The problem I was trying to solve is as follows: produce "TABLE OF CONTENTS" or "LIST OF TABLES" or "LIST OF FIGURES" headers over every page with these elements.
> A search leads to discussion of this topic and suggested solutions involving the atbegshi package.

That is certainly the last thing I would try. headers and footers
can be setup with fancyhdr or scrlayer-scrpage or with tools of the
involved class.

> This seemed to work well, but then I noticed that all of the
> backrefs produced the hyperref package broke and now only pointed
> to the first page of the document.

yes. Pageanchors are setup with atbegshi too, and avoiding side
effects needs quite some knowledge. Drop the idea to use atbegshi
unless you can come up with a very good example that demonstrates
why fancyhdr or scrlayer-scrpage doesn't work.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/