How can I install MikTex on CentOS 7?

Bomidi Lakshmi Madhavan madhavanbomidi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:23:44 CEST 2020

Hi Bob,

Greetings. I have a work computer with Centos 7 installed. On the
'downloads' section (https://miktex.org/download), Miktex is not available
for installation on Centos 7. Though I tried to use the commands given for
Centos 8, the installation is not happening. I am aware of tex-live as an
alternative but I am well acquainted with Miktex for long-time. I have even
installed tex-live along with TexStudio. When I click 'Build & view', I get
the following error message:

Could not start Build & View:PdfLaTeX:

"/home/madhavan/anaconda2/bin/pdflatex" -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode

Look forward to your response.

Thanks and regards,
Madhavan
Dr. Bomidi Lakshmi Madhavan
National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL)
Gadanki - 517 112, Chittoor (Dist.)
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA