Fonts Help [tfm]

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Aug 9 01:02:04 CEST 2020

On 2020-08-08 at 15:19:20 -0600, Karl Berry wrote:

 > [...] but that's clearly not what the OP was asking about.

Don't worry.  The OP didn't receive any response anyway.

This is fine because it's absolutely useless to tell someone who asks
a question about "The TeXbook" that he better should use LaTeX.

Tianyi Chen asked via support at tug.org.  Mails from support at tug.org are
forwarded to the texhax mailing list.  I assume that Tianyi is not
subscribed to the texhax mailing list.

Peter was the first one who responded but sent his response to the
texhax mailing list without keeping Tianyi in the CC.  All the others
replied to Peter's mail.  So presumably Tianyi didn't receive any
response at all.

As I said, everything is fine.  Tianyi asked a question about "The
TeXbook".  Nobody seriously tried to answer this question.  Instead an
absolutely useless discussion about plain TeX vs. LaTeX was started.

IMO it's good that Tianyi didn't receive this completely unrelated
rubbish he didn't ask for.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25