Fonts Help [tug.org/fontcatalogue]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 8 00:07:26 CEST 2020

    rdt> For latex engines (including pdflatex and xelatex), there is
    the LaTeX Font Catalogue:
    https://tug.org/FontCatalogue/

(Thanks Bob.) Even for non-LaTeX users, the FontCatalogue is an
invaluable resource. I know of no better way to discern what fonts are
available in the distributions. There are both visual samples of the
fonts and code to use them. Although the code is for LaTeX, for plain
users, that provides a clue as to where to look for the actual font file
names.

Many thanks to Palle J\o{}rgensen for creating (I believe) and
maintaining (definitely) the FontCatalogue, for many years now. --karl.