Flash player no longer supported, what happens to media9 and Skim?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Aug 1 23:45:37 CEST 2020

On 2020-08-01 at 19:12:41 +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:

 > Flash is going away, but is "the built-in Flash Player of Adobe
 > Reader" going away ?

Yes. Adobe will remove Flash Player from all their products.  They
stop maintaining it and they will certainly not ship unmaintained
software with their products.

   https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Adobe Flash had many security problems in the past and I suppose that
maintaining it is a nightmare.  They now suggest open standards and
I'm convinced that this is the right way to go.

The discontinuation was announced in July 2017 but I assume that most
people didn't notice it.

Tom, it's a pity that you relied on Adobe Flash too much in the past.
But it's proprietary software and you always have to take into account
that things disappear former or later.  Adobe Reader was made
available to all platforms at the beginning but nowadays only Windows
and OS X are supported.  Adobe's intent is not to make users happy.
Their intent is to make money.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25