Problems installing TeX

Michael Barr, Prof. barr.michael at mcgill.ca
Sat Apr 11 17:01:39 CEST 2020

The problem I described yesterday of not having pdflatex.fmt got only one response from Vu Van Dung.  That was the suggestion that I start over with TL20 which had just been released.  So I did and the installation instructions said to remove the old version, which I did.  I then downloaded install-tl-windows.exe and ran it.  During the unpacking an error message came up saying it failed.  I tried it twice more with the same result.  Any idea what is going wrong?  Should I wait a few days and try again, hoping the problem with be resolved?  Should I try to remove the previously unpacked things and where do I find them?

Michael