[Q] TFM files headers

Didier Verna didier at didierverna.net
Fri Sep 13 11:17:45 CEST 2019

Taylor, P wrote:

> I followed the link and found therein a further link to a TUGboat
> article by David Fuchs

  I know all these sources of information. Unfortunately, they don't
  help. They only provide a description of the Xerox PARC header, but
  there's no guarantee that a tfm file will actually use it. For
  example, I found at least one tfm file (from Adobe apparently) that
  seems to also seems to contain a couple of information strings[1], but
  contrary to a PARC header, the strings are not padded with 0s.

Footnotes:
[1]  I figured that out by reverse-engineering the tfm file.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info