Since I was looking for bibtex for products, I decided to ask Amazon ...

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 02:43:58 CEST 2019

They only had two choices, call or chat, and I went with chat.
I'm not sure if I was talking to a human of if the word "bibliography"
meant anything but got some comment they would look into it...

Basically I just told them I was writing a paper describing the performance
of several items I bought and then used together. I needed some way
to get the information about each product in the form of a bibliographic
entry. As others have pointed out, I'm not entirely sure the entity on
the other end even knew about bibliographies...

Surely people must assemble these products- maybe making a recipe book
or something like a hobby mechanical device and want to assemble
a bill of materials but provide more than a link.

And of course bibtex AFAICT would be the ideal format as it is
open, human readable, and flexible ...

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox