to tilde or not to tilde

Paulo Ney de Souza pauloney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 00:15:33 CEST 2019

Dear Thomas Schneider,

NO centered mathematical formula should contain any punctuation at the end
of the line -- even if it is to terminate a sentence.

Punctuation have a role in typography -- to introduce a pause at reading --
and with a centered formula that pause already EXIST. The correct is:

\begin{equation}
A = \pi r ^2
\end{equation}

even if it is ending a sentence or a paragraph.

Paulo Ney