jpg/latex

tordalk tordalk at quantentunnel.de
Sat Nov 16 18:42:13 CET 2019

Dear Walt Burkard,

Am Samstag, 16. November 2019, 16:50:24 CET schrieb Walt Burkhard:
> Hello,
> I have a basic JPG/Latex question.   I cannot successfully run a very simple
> latex program that is  to display an image.    (Normally I use eps files
> but now I must use JPG images.)

afaik you have to add the option "pdftex" in \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}!
Then compile it using _pdflatex_ (e.g. in kile with shortcut Alt+6; view pdf
with Alt+7) and the file should compiled as pdf with the image.
I have attached your changed *.tex file.

Also you might find more information about the graphics package here:

Hope it works for you.

regards
Manuel
tordalk at quantentunnel.de