email with math/ the end of "top posting" flame wars lol

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 21:06:05 CEST 2019

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 06:25:06AM +1200, Alan Litchfield wrote:
>    Hi all,
>
>    A very interesting discussion.

 I guess one thing you could do with structured latex-like email
is send something like \replytext{foo} and let the viewer
decide where to display it :) Of course that does not work
if you plan on viewing the source code which is my first objective.
But, it does let a viewer expand or hide various sections more
easily. If anyone really is that interested it would be easy to try
on this list as a third alternative to plain text and html. i
And in any case the "latex" should remain as human readable
and more concise and logical than XML. fwiw. IIRC I did also
just see something that turns math expressions into ASCII
art but I may have dreamed that although it would be possible for
an ASCII viewer to visual math too.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox