How to get a texdoc in a window

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 23:48:34 CET 2019

Michael Barr, Prof. wrote:

This is going to sound silly, but I am serious.  I do all my work from a command line (running, to be sure, in a window) and when I want to see the documentation of, say, the enumerate package, I simply type

texdoc enumerate

at the command prompt and it comes right up.  Now I am helping out a friend who does all his work from an MS-window and I want to tell him how to see that document.  So how does he do that?

Start / Computer / C-Drive (probably) / texlive (probably) / 2018 (probably) / bin / win32 /
Double-click on "texdoctk.exe" / Database search / Enter "enumerate" / Hit <return> / Select second entry = "Extended enumeration style ( enumerate)".
Done.

Philip Taylor