How to prevent strechtability?

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:29:13 CEST 2019

> \raggebottom is not what I want,

not even at a forced page break? You are using \eject to force a page
break, specifying that the last baseline of the page must be at the
bottom of the page and then removing the last remaining stretch glue
to ensure that constraint can not be achieved?  This ensures that the
page is underfull with an infinitely bad box warning.

> not between `hallo' and the following `\hrule'?  There should be a \parskip
there as well...

\parskip is added bfore paragraphs, \hrule does not start a paragraph
it is directlt added to the vertical list. the letter h of hallo,
being a horizontal mode construct does force a paragraph to start.

David