TeX - ! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr

Carlos linguafalsa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:19:36 CEST 2019

> However, that would be a huge change to current LaTeX and likely to
> break a massive amount of stuff.

How did I know that the stuff breaking would follow this discussion. It's
not going to break a massive amouut anymore than the opposite counterpart
https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/150 does to multiple columns. If
that goes through, so does this

\settabs 2 \columns
\+ t1 && t2 & t3 & t4 & t5 & t3 && \cr

\settabs 2 \columns
\+ t1 & t2 & t3 & t4 & t5 \cr

\begin{tabular}{ccccc}     %%% options should be doiing the job regardless
-currently superfluous
t1 && t2 & t3 & t4 & t5 \\
t1 & t2 & t3 & t4 & t5 \\
\end{tabular}