TeX - ! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr

James Diamond jim.diamond at acadiau.ca
Tue Jul 9 17:19:09 CEST 2019

On Tue, Jul  9, 2019 at 11:07 (-0400), Carlos wrote:

>> has been changed to \cr" error because it has changed that last
>> alignment tab to \cr to satisfy the way the alignment was defined.

> Not good enough. I don't think an error should occur.

What do you think TeX should do?

Or do you believe that LaTeX should behave differently than what plain
TeX should do with the analogous construct?

I've been reading these messages, but it is not yet clear to me what
you really want/think/...  I suspect I am not the only one.  Perhaps a
little more elaboration from you would help.

                                Jim