Chemical structures with plain TeX

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Jul 5 01:06:27 CEST 2019

On 04/07/2019 23:10, Karl Berry wrote:
>     TeX packages and applications for writing Chemistry papers?  (I use
>     plain TeX.)
>
> https://ctan.org/topic/chemistry
>
> Unfortunately I see no way to filter out latex-only packages, which, I
> expect, is most of them.

"Use the source, Karl" :-)

$ wget -O - https://ctan.org/topic/chemistry 2>/dev/null | tidy -n -i
-asxml 2>/dev/null - | lxprintf -e 'a[contains(@href,"/pkg/")]'
"https://ctan.org%s\n" @href - | while read uri; do wget -O - $uri
2>/dev/null | tidy -n -i -asxml 2>/dev/null - | lxprintf -e
'td[.="Sources"]' "%s\n" 'following-sibling::td/a/code' -; done | grep
-v latex

/biblio/bibtex/contrib/chembst
/macros/generic/chemfig
/biblio/bibtex/contrib/chem-journal
/obsolete/indexing/corridx
/biblio/bibtex/contrib/chem-journal/jcc.bst
/support/konwerter
/graphics/mcf2graph
/graphics/mol2chemfig
/support/ochem
/macros/context/current/cont-ppc.zip
/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-labo
/graphics/pgf/contrib/tikzorbital
/info/translations/chemsym/de
$

Everything else contains 'latex' in the directory name for the sources.

This is what all that pointy-bracket stuff is FOR...identifying
information so that we can retrieve it :-)

Peter