[texhax] Mysterious error

barbara beeton bnb at tug.org
Wed Feb 27 00:20:29 CET 2019

Dear William Lee Valentine,

I'm not able to process your file (I don't currently
have a working TeX installation), but I have an educated
guess that the problem is in the string " \\ \\ " in the
following \lhead:

   \lhead{\fancyplain{}{Annual Business Plan: 2019\\Personal Recovery
Press,
   LLC \\ \\ William Lee Valentine\\%
   Revision 0: Thursday, 24 January 2019\\Page \thepage}}

That indicates that you want a blank line, and indeed a
blank line has nothing on it to end.  A better way to
indicate this is to have just a single line ending with
an optional indication that you want to skip some vertical
space:

   \\[1\baselineskip]

Try that and see if it doesn't get rid of the error message.

The timing of the error message I thini is not related to
the main text, but to the fact that this appears in the
heading which is probably not acted on until the first page
is output.
 						-- bb