[texhax] Mysterious error

William Lee Valentine prp at lobo.net
Tue Feb 26 21:48:52 CET 2019

Sir or Madam --

I am a former member of Tug, and would still be if I could afford the
annual dues.

I have used TeX and LaTeX to write a book, and have successfully
typeset, printed, and bound it. I have now written, as a report, a
business plan; but it fails with the error

    There's no line here to end.

at the end of one of the subsections in the fourth section of the plan.

I am not making special use of vertical space, at the end of any
subsection, so far as I am aware; I have no idea why this error appears.

I have appended a fragment (the opening) of the report. This fragment
includes the first four sections, as it is at the end of one of the
subsections in the fourth section that the error appears. I am hoping
that you could direct me to someone who could try typesetting this
fragment and tell me what causes this error to be generated. I have read
the text over and over with no idea why I should be getting this error.

I would appreciate any help that you could offer, or that someone to
whom you directed me could offer. I do not want to have to rework this
plan through a word processor because I can not get it to typeset using
TeX.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

-- William Lee Valentine
    Personal Recovery Press, LLC
       505-471-1953
       prp at lobo.net