Page break problem

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:35:58 CEST 2019

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> writes:

>> David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> But then I don't understand you question you insert a large vertical space
>>> with a largeish stretch component at the bottom of the page then do a
>>> forced page break, so naturally you get white space at the bottom of the
>>> page and the text is not stretched out,
>>

>> Yes, sorry...  It's that the page break occurs, in my original document,
>> without `\eject' and I don't manage here to reproduce that whereas, on the
>> other hand, I can't send my original file because too complicated and full
>> of macros...  So I'll try again to artificially reproduce the effect I want
>> to avoid...
>
> ...and be back on the list...

Hi, David:

it seems that I managed now to reproduce the minimal conditions of the effect I
want to avoid: why doesn't TeX stretch text on page 1 as much as possible down
to the bottom?  Please process the attached example with simply `tex file'.  I
hope there are no mistakes of mine now.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Rodolfo