Can anyone recommend a spell checker for tex files?

Paulo Ney de Souza pauloney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 22:30:25 CEST 2019

The OP states that he uses a third-party editor. The tricky part here is to
get the TeX codes and commands cleared out of the file to be spelled...not
the speller itself since there are tons of them. This should be the job of
this third party editor or of TeXshop, luatex or even detex...but my
question is -- what is the application you used to run for that? I am not
aware of any under MS-Windows.

Paulo Ney