looking for Tomas Rokicki's TeX-to-C 1987

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 25 01:06:35 CEST 2019

    I am looking for the original Tomas Rokicki's TeX-to-C from 1987

Out of curiosity ... why?

    according to
    http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/historic/systems/unix/TeX2.9/tex82/COPYING.POLICY
    It should be here
    http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/historic/systems/unix/TeX2.9/tex82/

Well, unfortunately, the Unix TeX tape from 1988 was apparently not
dumped in its entirety. I doubt any of the original mag tapes are still
around, or that they would be readable, or that there's any equipment to
read them. At least, I don't know of any way to go down that road.

Ulrik V, I believe those old TeX archives in historic/ originally came
from you. It doesn't seem likely you have anything beyond what you
already posted, but asking just in case.

Tom R, maybe (just maybe) you have files going back to that time?

FWIW, it looks like the more-or-less earliest web2c, Tim Morgan's
evolution of Tom's original, that's been preserved is in
TeX2.95/tex82.tar.Z.  --hope this helps, karl.