[texhax] Please help recognize font

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jul 2 22:31:53 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-02 at 21:48:05 +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:
 >
 > > According to the web site cited by Ben the font is available as
 > > OTF only, so Rodolfo can only choose between between xetex and
 > > luatex anyway.
 > >
 > > Rodolfo, coming back to your question:
 > > In order to use CharisSIL-Roman and CharisSIL-Bold with LuaTeX I
 > > wrote
 > >
 > >   \font\CSr=file:CharisSIL-R.ttf at 10pt
 > >   \font\CSb=file:CharisSIL-B.ttf at 10pt
 > >
 > > This is quite different from [pdf]TeX where you have to call a
 > > font by the basename of the associated .tfm file.
 > >
 > > At least when using LuaTeX you can load a font either by _font
 > > name_ or by _file name_.  Admittedly I don't have any experience
 > > with XeTeX.
 > >
 > > LuaTeX requires that luaotfload is loaded.  It's supposed to work
 > > with both, LaTeX and plain TeX.  XeTeX supports OTF fonts
 > > natively but without a Lua engine under the hood it is less
 > > flexible.
 >

 > Many thanks...  If the font really *has* to be purchased, the
 > problem though now is a mere question of money...  Too expensive,
 > I'm afraid...

Sure.  There are other vendors too but they are even more expensive.

Why do you want to typeset the concert program yourself?  If you are
going to do _their_ work then _they_ can buy the fonts for you (and
save a lot of time).  Manpower is more expensive than fonts nowadays. ;)

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de