[texhax] page jumps

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 27 18:39:21 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 2017-06-27 5:55, Robert Scholtz wrote:

> I'm writing a book using LaTeX (TeX Shop).  Every so often there are one
> or more consecutive full-page Figures that are linked to the text using
> hyperref.  The reader must leaf through the pages to pick up the
> interrupted text and continue reading.  Is there package that will
> insert "(continued on page XX)" and "(continued from page YY)"?  And
> better yet, does it work with hyper ref so that one click on these notes
> will move to the referenced page?

Almost every PDF viewer has a function (button/menu/key/...) "go back".
Such basic stuff can be expected from the user of a PDF viewer, can't it?

This function can also be used with `hyperref`:

   \Acrobatmenu{GoBack}{Text for going back.}

However, the named action "GoBack" is not part of the ISO standard,
at least it is recognized in Adobe Reader or xpdf, but not evince.

Using specific links is much more cumbersome. Usually, there are many
ways, a user has come to the image, e.g.:
* List of figures:
   [Go to previous figure]
   [Go to next figure]
   [Go to list of figures]