[texhax] install-tl via script (was Download errors from ftp://tug.org)

Liviu Ionescu ilg at livius.net
Thu Dec 14 13:43:52 CET 2017

> On 14 Dec 2017, at 13:17, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I suspect that you could use one of the standard schemes rather than
> enumerating all those packages.

... yes, only if those schemes would be documented somewhere...

> scheme-basic is quite small, but works OK for the documents I need
> there.

except basic (~80 packages), medium (~1000 packages) and full (~3400 packages), are there any other useful schemes?

>  The full script used by the travis Ci is ...

I update my script to a similar one, pointing to the current version (2017), referring to scheme-basic and adding collection-fontsrecommended.

I'll try to use it to generate my manuals; if not successful, I'll upgrade to scheme-medium, and retry.

However, I still feel somehow in the dark, there are lots of collections and I have no idea if they are needed or not for the GCC/OpenOCD/QEMU manuals, and a full install is so large... :-(

Thank you,

Liviu