[texhax] Using fontspec in a .sty

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun Aug 6 23:47:40 CEST 2017

I'm trying to forward port an *old* sty to work with lualatex.

The sty was designed to load atop letter.cls, renew some of the commands
and add a special header and footer to the first page.

It did this by calling \renewcommand{\ps at firstpage} with a block which,
among other things, did:

  \renewcommand{\@oddhead}{%
    {\fontencoding{LY1}\fontfamily{hlcn}\fontseries{m}\fontshape{n}\fontsize{30pt}{36pt}\selectfont
    \hfill\fromname\hfill}}

Replacing \fontencoding{LY1}\fontfamily{hlcn}\fontseries{m}\fontshape{n}
with \setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX]{LucidaCasual} fails with:

 ! LaTeX Error: \RequirePackage or \LoadClass in Options Section.

It has been nearly 20 years since I last edited that sty, my recall of
sty and cls files is limited,

How do I use fontspec to specify a font just for ps at firstpage's @oddhead?

-JimC
--