[texhax] Mac TeX and OS Sierra

Richard Koch richardmoncriefkoch at icloud.com
Tue Nov 8 14:31:46 CET 2016

Peter,

Please go to http://tug.org/mactex and follow the link near the top which reads "For Information on MacTeX and Sierra, click HERE." MacTeX installs a link which indirectly points to the TeX binaries; GUI apps are configured to use this link. For years, the link was

	/usr/texbin

but in El Capitan, Apple removed permission for users to install in /usr. Note that /usr/local is still available; indeed we install TeX Live there. The main link to the binaries was changed to

	/Library/TeX/texbin

Most of the standard GUI apps we supply make this change automatically. Perhaps you use some other front end.

Dick Koch