[texhax] Table of contents going missing.

Johannes Böttcher johannesbottcher at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:44:23 CEST 2016

Your file thesis.tex starts with \documentstyle, a command from
LaTeX2.09 which went obsolete over twenty years ago, and now gets you in
compatibility mode. You get a warning first, advising to update your
document and many errors because almost all packages cannot work in
compatibility mode.

You should update your document before going on.