[texhax] TeX, and a GUI called IUP

Gordon Haverland ghaverla at materialisations.com
Thu Mar 17 02:36:14 CET 2016

I don't speak Portuguese or Lua worth a darn.

But, some enterprising soul in Brazil, has put together a GUI called
IUP.  It was meant to operate in a way similar to TeX, it stacks boxes
horizontally and vertically.  The boxes being frames in a GUI.

I believe the original work was C++ and extended to Lua.  Where I ran
across this work, is that it seems to be the newest GUI environment at
CPAN (Perl stuff).  If you want to play with it in Perl, you need to
work at installing the Alien::IUP package first, which has a bunch of
development dependencies.

The Perl documentation and examples are limited.  There seems to be
more in C++ and Lua at a site in Brazil (which has English
documentation, so that idiots like me can get by).

But I wonder, are there examples of this GUI in the wild, that a person
can learn from?  Preferably in Perl.

And second, it may be that some of you texhax, might find this
interesting.

My apologies if this is not close enough to topic.

Gord