[texhax] Hyperlinks lost in pdf file

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Tue Jan 19 18:03:33 CET 2016

Rodolfo Medina wrote

>In order to have a pdf file: if I process my plain TeX file.tex with `pdftex
>file', all the hyperlinks are correctly generated, whereas with:
>
> tex file
> dvips file
> ps2pdf file.ps
>
>they are all lost.  Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it since I need
>performing the tex -> dvips -> ps2pdf cycle instead of using pdftex?

What package or commands are you using in your tex file to create hyperlinks
in plain pdftex? Presumably, you need to modify those so that they use dvips
specials instead of pdftex specials.

Can you post a short example?

Also, you may need to use
  dvips -z file
to put hyperlinks in the ps file where ps2pdf can see them.

Good luck,

Daniel H. Luecking
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas