[texhax] Unusual documents (writing on pasture)

Gordon Haverland ghaverla at materialisations.com
Mon Aug 29 23:47:05 CEST 2016

I think the closest "common" example is the production of mazes in
fields (such as a corn maze).  But, I have an inverted L shaped piece
of pasture, that I would like to "write" on.  Idea being to mow the
pasture low where the letters will be, then come along with a rototiller
and lightly till the land, then plant radish/clover before winter
comes, and then next spring plant some high contrast crop such as
birdsfoot trefoil into the prepared land.  Which should give me yellow
letters on a green background.

I can find data on how big a letter needs to be legible from some
distance.  I don't know how big the "line" is (distance from top of
glyph to top of line, distance from bottom of "x" to bottom of line,
inter-glyph spacing).  Where can a person find this?  I am assuming
some fixed width font with few fancy features is probably best for this.

Thanks.
Gord