[texhax] Sorting

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:03:13 CEST 2016

> These days though, why not just use Lua scripting in LuaTeX?

What exactly can be done for scripting that is backward compatible and avant garde?
I was working on bibliography building and thought that one choice would be to
simply put URL's in the latex document as citations. Then the build script would
go to the URL, find the associated bibtex and update the bibliography
and modifiy the latex "source" code. Of course I can do all of this
with a buitld script that finds the URLs in the latex document and performs
everything as preprocessing but it might be nice to avoid the preprocessor
and define a latex command that says " this is a URL, if the correspdonging bibtex is
not in a current file, go get the bibtex corresponding to the abstract pointed to by the URL
and replace this with the new citation." It is by no means certain that a given URL
to an absract of full text will return a web page that can be scraped for a bibtex link, but I have built up scripts
that handle most of the sites I use.

Thanks.

note new address
Mike Marchywka 306 Charles Cox Drive Canton, GA 30115
2295 Collinworth Drive Marietta GA 30062. formerly 487 Salem Woods Drive Marietta GA 30067 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency