[texhax] pgfplots: asymmetrical horizontally shifted error bars

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 14:38:01 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I have a rather special question regarding pgfplots: I want a plot with
errorbar, where the error is only indicated by a vertical line without
the horizontal end bar. Something like:

That works fine. But when I have a second datapoint at the same x
position slightly above the first one, the error bars overlap. That is
bad. Therefore I'd like to shift the error bars in this fashion:

so the lower error should be displaced to the left and the upper one to
the right. I could not find any ready solution for this, so it would be
nice if one could point me into that direction. Of course, an
alternative would be to shift the data, but that might be less pretty …
als, I'd just like to be able to do it ;)

Any help is highly appreciated,

best
Arno