[texhax] watermark all pages of one chapter as draft

Schwartz, Steven J s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 20:54:10 CET 2015

Anne,

In the past, I've used the eso-pic package to add such watermarks (example below). Reading the eso-pic documentation (eg http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/eso-pic/eso-pic.pdf) shows that there are also ClearShipoutPIcture commands, so it should be able to turn on/off watermarks or other background (or foreground) things throughout your document.

HTH
Steve

-----
\documentclass{whatever}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{eso-pic}
\definecolor{lightgray}{gray}{.80}

\begin{document}

  \AddToShipoutPicture{%
    \AtTextCenter{%
      \makebox(0,0)[c]{\resizebox{\textwidth}{!}{%
        \rotatebox{45}{\textsf{\textbf{\color{lightgray}DRAFT}}}}}
    }
  }

\end{document}

Anne E Heavey wrote on 2015-01-20:
----------------

> Hi,
> I've been trying to find a way to watermark only certain chapters of a
> long document as 'draft'.
>
> To set all pages of the document this way, I use:
>

> \usepackage{draftwatermark}
>
> \SetWatermarkText{DRAFT}
>
> \SetWatermarkScale{1}
>
> \SetWatermarkLightness{0.95}
>

> If I use
>
> \usepackage{wallpaper}
>
> I only get the watermark on the first page of the chapter. I've found
> a couple of web pages that say, e.g.,
>

> "Note that all the commands above (e.g., \CenterWallPaper...) will apply
> the background images on every page after the command is issued. To
> clear the wallpaper, use \ClearWallPaper. "
>

> But this doesn't seem to be the case - how do I get it to print on
> every page until the 'clear' command is issued? My document class is based on 'report'.
>

> Thanks for any help!
>

> Anne Heavey
>
> SCD Technical Writer/Editor
>
> LBNF Document Manager
>

> Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
>
> 630-840-8039
>
> www.fnal.gov <http://www.fnal.gov/>

Steven J Schwartz                  Phone:  +44 (0)207 594 7660
Professor of Space Physics         Fax:    +44 (0)207 594 7772
Director, Imperial Space Lab       www.imperial.ac.uk/spacelab
The Blackett Laboratory            Email:  s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London            Office: Huxley 6M67A
London SW7 2AZ, UK                 Web:    www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs