[texhax] No room for a new \dimen

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 15:50:05 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Lars Madsen <daleif at math.au.dk> wrote:

> etex is not depreceated. it is held of for those situations where you
> really need it.
>
> And in that case it should be loaded before the documentclass.
>

>From documentation to elocalloc:

For existing documents etex may still be loaded and will work as
before, however
in general it is best not to load etex as it will over-write the new
allocation scheme with its own.

So, indeed it is not deprecated but warned

\RequirePackage{etex}
\documentclass[12pt,oneside,openany]{memoir}
\reserveinserts{10}
\usepackage{bigfoot}
\usepackage{hyperxmp}
\begin{document}
Hello World

\end{document}

As far as minimal example for "dimension too large" I will try to produce
it but it may take pretty long time

Victor Ivrii