[texhax] Forcing size changes in exponents

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Aug 17 16:29:05 CEST 2015

Am Mon, 17 Aug 2015 08:46:13 -0400 schrieb bnb at ams.org:

> ulrike fischer writes, concerning the
> 2-letter font codes:
>
>     So they are imho sometimes useful commands and I'm not quite happy
>     about the "deprecated war" going on here.
>
> in the face of the evidence, i must
> retract my contention that these codes
> have been disabled in latex 2015.
> i seem to have misunderstood something
> that i heard at tug 2015.

LaTeX2e can't disable this commands as it (like \small or
\normalsize) never defined them.

The definitions are in the classes and they are not always
identical. E.g.

memoir: \@memoldfonterr {\rm }{\textrm }{\rmfamily }
KOMA: \scr at DeclareOldFontCommand{\rm}{\normalfont\rmfamily}{\mathrm}
article: \DeclareOldFontCommand{\rm}{\normalfont\rmfamily}{\mathrm}

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/